Blog Navigation

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Closure Overdue

One month later... Hey, do you have any idea what it's like to have to keep quiet for years about an insane situation? Seriously, there are only two clear cut winners, regardless of the outcome for either the defendant or my family. There will be no justice if we go to trial because, as my attorney so succinctly put it, "[my] family is atypical of those in this region." In other words, even though we were in no way at-fault, the jury will likely be biased against my husband and I because we are educated. Insurance companies, lawyers, and those who promote ignorance as some fucked up source of pride make me wish Daleks were real. Exterminate! Exterminate!

Some people joke about the notion of staying clean on a resentment. While this is certainly nothing I would personally recommend to someone seeking recovery, for me this resentment holds a darker truth. It is my animosity towards that careless driver and the cumulative hell wrought by her actions upon my family that, at times, keeps me fighting for my recovery. To put it bluntly: I'll be dipped in shit before I let the actions of that hillbilly bitch give my disease the opportunity to make me want to use again.

Whether by jury trial or legal settlement, this aspect of the nightmare is nearly done. Thank goodness. The waiting alone (since 2007!!!) has forced my family into a hyper-stagnation, of sorts. We are so ready to resume forward momentum, despite injuries and so forth. In the meantime...

Peace, darlings. I *do* love you. =)

No comments: